Mindelo, April 17 (Inforpress) – The removal of the Soby ship at the coastal port of Porto Grande in Mindelo began at mid-morning today with a “detailed dive” of specialists from the Spanish-flagged Neptune.
According to the Captain of the Ports of Barlavento, Antonio Duarte, who this morning met with the Neptune vessel crew, contracted for this purpose, and entities involved in the process for the removal of the vessel, the diving was a way for experts to assess the Soby’s underwater state.
“The work will start soon after, in a first moment to remove the fuel in the tanks of the ship and the trucks,” said the same source, who said that first cleaning will be carried out to avoid fuel leakage, and to be sure that there will be no risk of pollution and only after the work of straightening the ship.
However, the manager admitted that the previously designed removal plan, being “dynamic”, can “suffer or not adjust” according to the results of the dive.
AA / CP / HVF