Mindelo, Dec 8 (Inforpress) – The Minister of Culture and Creative Industries said in Mindelo that there will be no subsidies for workers living at 100 percent (%) of Carnival because of the country’s conjuncture “that is not easy”.
Abraão Vicente made these considerations when asked about this claim by the carnival workers because of the cancellation of the 2020 edition.
“There is no subsidies. We received from the Independent League of the Carnival of São Vicente Official Groups (Ligoc) a list of workers and Carnival active members in which they asked us to give a subsidy for not holding last year’s Carnival. The situation in the country is not easy and we were able to support people who were clearly dependent on the income of the culture sector to continue their lives”, he explained.
The Minister said that no more resources could be mobilized for this sector, but said he could provide additional support from January 2022. However, he stated that what is guaranteed in the 2022 State Budget (OE) are 10 million escudos to finance the groups, in the previous way, for holding of Carnival.
CD / CP / HVF